Monday, October 28, 2013

Baby showers


Bon. We had our baby shower. I really hate these things- showers, bachelorette parties… I don’t have bestie girlfriends, there’s nobody to plan these things for me. I have to plan it myself because then it’ll be more weird not to have a shower or a bachelorette party, not to mention, this nagging voice in the back of my head that I should have one but then undergo the weird looks that people give me when they ask me whose planning it and I say, myself!

I have to admit, I really didn’t care much for my bachelorette party. In fact, I would’ve just preferred if it were simply expected to be a relaxed cottage getaway and saavy nature and nature gear people were around of which I only know of are male. Thus, it was a relaxing time but I have to be damn honest, I wish the boys were around to do the bbq and to get the boats & paddle boats out because it turns out, a group of city slicking city gals HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO ANY OF THAT ! So shame faced in our feminist-era-wannabe-age. Thus…….it was relaxing….. and boring, ha.

But, I did enjoy my shower. Ya wouldn’t think it but… I did ! At first, I thought it was rather shameful to hold a party expecting guests to bring gifts but you know what? It’s also a time to celebrate the coming of a new life and the types of gifts we asked for were so cheap that quite frankly, it was more of a themed party then a shower with a registry asking for a 1000$ crib. The gifts that we received were more generous than we expected, seeing our friends kids have fun with each other and then ending the night with good adult conversation, that was awesome. Our child will have good company.



No comments:

Post a Comment